Monday, September 26, 2005

Saturday Gunzelling

On Saturday there was a meet of some of the members of railpage at Middle Footscray that I decided I would go to. It started at about 11:00am but I didn't arrive until after 12:00pm and didn't leave until about 6:00pm. Don't know where the afternoon went really, it wasn't that exciting or action packed. It was a small group of people all except two of whom I've never met before. The location was a vacant area of land adjacent to the rail line about 100 metres on the down side (thats towards Spencer Street) of Middle Footscray. We saw a number of Frieght trains in between the fairly constant stream of sparks (thats electric commuter trains) and V/line trains on the adjacent pass (passenger train) lines. I only took a few photos and I'm not one for writting down numbers of trains so I won't go into too much detail.

On the way home I bought some doughnuts from the doughnut van at Footscray station. These are highly recomended after an afternooon standing out in the cold watching trains.

No comments: