Saturday, September 17, 2005

Beetlemania!

The other night I was woken from a deep sleep by an intermittent buzzing sound acompanied by a tapping sound. At frist I thought it was some sort of electrical problem. I turned the light on only to find a beetle doing circuits of the room trying to get out. I lost sight of it so I went to the toilet. When I came back to my room I found the beetle had landed on my bedside table, so I grabbed the container I use to eject Huntsman spiders and captured it for release in the morning. Somehow after this I managed to knock over a nearly full glass of water and so spent the next five minutes cleaning up the mess.

By now I was wide awake so spent the next 3 hours listening to the radio before falling asleep at about 7:30. I didn't wake up until 11:30. As payback I didn't release the beetle until latter that night.

No comments: