Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Not much...

That pretty much sums up what I've been doing lately. I should be working on my major project, but I've being really having a good go at putting it off. I don't think I'm going to finish on time, if I finish it at all. The report is due at the end of October and I am supposed to make an oral presentation to other students, members of the faculty and industry at the begining of that month. I should get in contact with my supervisor, but I really have nothing to show him. Basically I'm screwed.

The problem is that I just lack organisational skills and any motivation. Also I've never really had to work on anyhting like this completely by myself, I just feel overwhelemed. My topic is shit, I have no idea how I ever thought I'd get a sizeable report (say 40,000 words) out of it. All I can say is that it seemed like a good idea at the time. I just need to get off my arse and do it.

I wish I had have taken some time off either last year or this year. I think I needed the break as I've been doing this course (Batchelor of applied science in Geomatics) for 4 years now. Before that I did 2 years at TAFE, an Advanced Diploma of Spatial Information. From there I articulated into the third year of the degree (it's a 4 year degree), so I should have graduated at the end of 2003, but due to various circumstances it's now 2005 and I still haven't finished.

All I need to do is finish the major project and uni for me is over...

Should I also mention that I need a job?

No comments: