Monday, September 07, 2009

USA A-OK

I guess I should tell you all about my upcoming overseas trip. Taking advantage of the airfare war across the Pacific I will be travelling too...

The United States of America.

Maybe it is a bad move to go to the home of saturated fats, but I've been wanting to explore the west coast for a while now and this is my chance.

I'll be flying over with and spending the first week with my mate Mike who is beginning a 6 week trip of South America. Together we are going to Los Angeles, Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon and back to Vegas before we go out Separate ways. He is off to Mexico city, and I'll head north for 2 weeks. I plan to visit San Francisco, Yosemite, Monterey, Seattle. Since I will be in the area I thought I may as well head up to Vancouver before flying back to LA for my flight home, which may be a waste of time due to the few days I will have there, but I'm going anyway.

So much to do in so little time, I wish I had longer. Originally I wanted to do a tour from San Francisco to Seattle, but the tour companies finish up for the "winter" just before I get there. So instead I am going it alone for 2 weeks. Did I mention there is so much to do in such a short space of time. I have no idea how I will fit it all in. Already I feel like I am missing stuff, but then again you can't see everything.

Only a few weeks to go now and getting excited... a bit, the reality of it hasn't hit me yet (seem common for overseas trips). Basically all I have is a return flight to LA and a vague idea of where I am headed. That's a bit of a lie actually, I have also booked some domestic flights and a hotel room at LAX the night before I come home (hoping to do some shopping on my last day in LA before the flight). But other than that it seems I'll be busing and hostelling around the place.

Oh and I plan to take the train from Seattle to Vancouver, I am looking forward to that. Now that's an interesting train I will do a separate post on that.

No comments: