Thursday, March 29, 2007

Airshow

Catalina, Hornet and Tiger Moth

Yep, once again I ventured to the airshow. And you know what? It was boring. I've lost count of the airshows I've been too, I think I've been to all of them except for the the first 2 (92 and 95), and I may have missed either 2001 or 2003. It was probably most disappointing because there was nothing new or different there, I'd seen it all before, in fact I reckon there were things missing that had been there in previous years.

It wasn't all bad though, once again V/Line did a wonderful job of getting the crowds to and from the event. I walked straight off a suburban train and straight on to an airshow (Lara) train at Southern Cross, and then straight on to a bus at Lara. Bloody briliant. After the airshow I hung around on the flight line watching the departing aircraft while the hordes went home, I only left when security came around rounding up the stragglers. Again it was straight on to the bus to Lara station and a 5 - 10 minute wait before the 6 car VLocity train turned up, smooth and fast. I pity the fools who drive to the airshow, of course the only way to get there is in style and fly in.

At the end of the day I was $110 down, in possession of a new hat ($25), a program ($10), and a mild case of sunburn. (it cost $45 to get in, the train ticket was $16 and I spent about $12 on food and drink, I'm not too sure where the rest of it went)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Three hours to get home on the western side of the city in a car I believe. Why do they do it?