Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Possibly Postponed


The wedding I mentioned in my previous post was to be this weekend. In fact it is my brothers wedding. As it is his third and (I believe) her second, so it's not such a big deal.

Why is it postponed? Due to the fact it was to take place in sunny Toowoomba. Clearly doing anything in South East Queensland at the moment is a bit difficult, so a wedding is definitely out of the question.

The plan was to fly to Brisbane, where we would hire a car and drive the 2 hours or so to Toowoomba. Given we need to drive through the flood waters to get to Toowoomba from Brisbane, I doubt we'll even make it if it were to go ahead.

My brother however still has some hope, and wont let us cancel our flights to Brisbane (Qantas is quite reasonably willing to waive all fees in light of the situation too). Never mind the fact that he is at his current home in western NSW and the roads between there and Toowoomba are cut. Last we heard he is still trying to contact his wife to be to see what's going on.

I guess we'll just wait and see...

No comments: