Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Surprise

So here I was minding my own business (or that of the company really) at work when my phone started having a spasm on the desk next to me. I had received a text message. Much to my surprise it was Vodafone telling me that I'd won a prize of my choice and to go to this web page and enter the code enclosed in the message. In all there were about 9 choices, including:

  • magazine subscriptions
  • travel guides
  • a voucher book
  • DVD rental vouchers
  • 2 trees planted for conservation
  • a swiss army knife
  • 2 emergency mobile phone chargers
  • 20% discount on a new handset
There was one more, but I don't recall what it was.

After much consideration, I went for the tree's. Supposedly the trees will be planted by a reputable conservation group and I'll receive some updates on what the group is up to. I nearly chose the Swiss army knife, even though I already have one, this one has tweezers and toothpick which mine doesn't have. In the end I decided that the last thing I need is more stuff.

Hopefully my two trees grow up big and strong.

No comments: