Sunday, April 24, 2011

Another month gone...

...Another year older.

And it was a big one, starting with 3 ending with 0! I can't be thirty already, that's old! I don't feel old. I've had a few weeks to get used to it and I think I am coping.

I am not one for making a fuss so I was happy enough with a family dinner at a local Vietnamese restaurant. The restaurant turned out to be not so good, shaped like a shoebox with hard furnishings, it was also packed meaning no one could hear what anyone else was saying over the noise of everyone else. The food was pretty good though.



What you see here is the speciality this particular restaurant has created to celbrate diners birthdays. An XL banana fritter flanked by two scoops of fried ice cream covered in caramel sauce. It is set alight with candles and sparklers, and is brought out to the table while "happy birthday" is pumped through the restaurant's sound system to make sure every one in the restaurant turns around and looks. All in good fun, but perhaps not really to everyones taste.

Present wise I think I did rather well. I got a new bedside table off mum and an electric toothbrush from my older brother and family.

No comments: